Monday, October 13, 2008

Cross Country Madness!

Well, this was quite the weekend for the grand XC finale! We were invited to the Catholic School Invitational and the boys got to run with just 6th graders. Let me remind you, Gabe is 11 and in the 6th grade and has been running the mile against 7th graders this whole season. He also did not start running until the end of August 2008! Tyler, his best friend, has been placing in the top 10 for the last couple of races. Gabe has the potential, but lacks confidence! They were all pumped that this race, they would just be racing against 6th graders. They were going to race the boys and girls together, but they would be "judged" separately or as to say, boys only raced for the medals against boys, although they started at the same time. Gabe and Tyler both started out really fast and kept the lead throughout the race. The final was Tyler in 1st and Gabe in 2nd!!! Tyler ran the mile in 6:05 and Gabe in 6:14, his personal best! I don't think that I have ever received a hug so tight and so huge from him as I did when he got done. Brought tears to my eyes. Still does as I write this! Can you tell I'm proud?! Sorry for bragging so much, but I really am proud of his accomplishments this year in XC!

Stay tuned for more adventures in the Humble Household!