Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's been a while!

Well, I guess I didn't realize how long it has been since I last posted. Things have been pretty crazy-busy in Kansas land!

ADOPTION INFO:
First and formost, we have 3 babies coming home this week and next. Sebastian, Licia and Miriam. Sebastian and Miriam were both placed at the end of the year last year and they will be home for Thanksgiving! Licia took about 18 months and she is finally going to be home, happily welcomed by her 2 older brothers! The next few that are already done are Wendy, Lupita, Maria Luisa and Oscar. Lupita and Oscar are both over the 2.5 year mark. Due to the craziness of adoptions and one attorney who absolutely did NOT know what he was doing, Oscar has had to be at Eagle's Nest for 2 years...He was with another missionary family for his first 10 months. We have prayed and prayed for his case and when it finally came out, we all cried and praised God for this. Now we just wait for the RENAP process and hope it comes out fast! Lupita is almost in the same boat. She was an abandonment and got caught in some of that red tape and we are also thankful that she will soon be going home. Thank you ALL for your prayers for these children who have been either delayed or even stuck in the system. They all still need your prayers.

Second: I regret to inform all of you that as of the end of this week, I'll not be working for Special Delivery. Due to the lack of adoptions, there really isn't any work for me to do. Daniel and Cindy will be finishing up the last few cases that we have and will continue to give updates as often as I have given them. If you have questions, please call me.

Personal Info:

Due to the craziness of my personal life this is why I haven't posted. I'll give you the last 2 weeks in short form.

We have been planning to go to OK to help my in-laws re-roof their house all month. We were to be there the 24th-26. Gabe has also been waiting anxiously for the Jr. Hight basketball tryouts. Last week on Wed, the 22nd, we got a call from Todd's parents saying that they had part of their roof torn off and it had rained and they were up on the roof in the dark trying to put tarps on it. Wed morning both of the ceilings in their bathrooms collapsed! (tragedy #1) Wed afternoon we found out that the basketball tryouts were on FRIDAY, the 24th (Tragedy #2). Jacob also found out that the "airsoft gun activity" for the soccer team was going to be on Sunday the 26th at 2pm (tragedy #3) We finally decided to drive separately to accommodate the kids. (What we do for them is beyond words!) So, Gabe tried out and we left for OK on Friday at 8pm and got there around 11. Fixed the ceiling w/a temporary fix since it was just a huge hole and letting out all the air. Todd came home w/Jacob for his activity, I stayed w/Abi and Gabe and went to church. We ate at the Pizza Hut in Vinita and then rushed home to be back by 4 so Abi and Gabe could be at their respective basketball practices! WHEW....Are you as tired as I am?! Yesterday, they posted the results and Gabe was the ONLY 6th grader to make the "A" team for the Jr. High team at Sunrise! We are so proud of his work. Now I just hope he keeps up w/the school workd. They had practice from 6-8 last night, no practice tonight, but have to be at school at 6:15 AM on Thurs! Geez!!! It's still NIGHT at that time of the morning!

Anyway, I'll keep posting about the kids and any new info I get on Guatemala I'll still try to keep updated!

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Boy you do stay busy. I'm sorry to hear about your departure from SD. We've been praying adoptions open up in the new year, will you be going back if they do?

We've been so blessed to adopt two beautiful children from EN. It breaks my heart there are children in 'limbo' or w/o families due to the government.

Thank you so much for everything you've done to help our family and I pray someday you'll be back in full swing sending babies to thier forever families again.

Jenny & Paul Shelstad
Brittany, Andrew, Dominick (Gustavo) and Marissa (Dulce Maria)