Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy November!

Well, we have officially started Basketball! 3 kids in 3 different teams @ 3 different times! I'm so glad we live close to school. I really don't think that we would be able to do this if we hadn't of moved this summer.

Gabe has practice every weekday but Wed. from 5:30-7:30 or 8:00 pm. He comes home from school, gets a snack, finished up homework and then heads out for 2+ hours of practice. Tomorrow their team was picked to scrimmage against a school down the road, and he was picked for the "A" team. The game is at 8:00pm...YUCK! At least there isn't any practice. Jacob practices on Saturdays at 11-12:30 and then they hang out and shoot for another 1/2 hour. His games haven't started yet, but they will be on Saturdays. Abi is playing for a YMCA team. Most of the girls are from her school and then the other 2 are relatives of the coach. They also play on Saturday mornings. They have won 2 out of 3 games that they have played. This week Abi won the "Golden Buffalo" award for 2 steals and good screening!

Last week Abi stayed w/my mom for a couple of hours while the boys played b-ball and Todd and I went to a meeting. We came home and she and mom had painted a little 4x6 mountain landscape! She is very good! I'll get a picture of it and her and post it. It's pretty amazing how well she did for an 8 year old!

This weekend my in-laws came over and we made valances for my living room. We were able to find some great bargains and MOST of the supplies were 1/2 off! I'm not a shopper, but every store we hit, we found things that matched and that were on sale!

Well, I guess that's it for this week! Such is my life....Basketball and kids! WHOO HOO!

No comments: